Week at a Glance
September 23rd - September 27th
- Go Math! Chapter 3 Understand Multiplication
- "Check in" Quiz on September 25th.
- Begin Chapter 4 Multiplication Facts and Strategies
- Reader's Workshop: We will conclude our reading of Amber Brown Is Not A Crayon. Students will discuss the story and complete a story element organizer for this book.
- Narrative Writing (including mini lessons on "catchy beginnings" and conclusions)
- Show Don't Tell - How writers "show" rather than "tell"
- Paragraph Organization
- Revising and Editing (CUP and ARMS)
- Spelling words will be given on Monday and then students will have a "check-in" on Friday.
- Massachusetts "The First People"
- We will be reading, discussing and answering comprehension questions using the book Tapenum's Day.
- Students will husk corn and then make a corn husk doll.
- Various growth mindset activities
- Kindness Rocks
- Typing Skills