Week at a Glance and Homework
April 23rd - April 27th
We will be reviewing fourth grade math concepts this week in preparation for our upcoming math MCAS on April 30th and May 1st. There will not be an assessment for Chapter 7: Adding and Subtracting Fractions
Please continue to practice your multiplication and division facts.
- We will begin reading Stone Fox by John Reynolds Gardiner. This book connects to the West Region.
- Courage is our Super Readers theme for the month of April.
- We will have a Poet of the Week for the month of April. Our poets for the month are Shel Silverstein, Maya Angelou, Jack Prelutsky and Emily Dickinson.
- Please read nightly for enjoyment.
- All About Me books will be introduced
We continue to explore Latin and Greek root words. Please remember to practice your words on Spelling City. Students will demonstrate their knowledge of words with a peer on Friday May 4th.
We continue our exploration of the West Region, and will discover the landforms, waterways, economy and culture of this region.
What Are the Causes and Effects of Natural Forces?
Please remember to to bring appropriate clothing for recess. The playground tends to be a little muddy this time of year.